Friday, June 19, 2009

NMSR Gets Mail

It was just a couple of weeks ago that a rider on our Los Lunas - NM Tech vanpool was doubting that anybody still thought the earth was the center of the universe, and does not rotate - geocentrism.

Then, today, I got Mail:
The Sun, Moon and Stars are going around a STATIONARY Earth!!
Have you seen my website
Moving-Earth DECEPTION!!
signed, Bernard Brauer

I've written Bernard back:
Very interesting, Bernard.  I see you mention "geosynchronous satellites".

Can you explain briefly why, in a geocentric system, these satellites don't just plunge to earth, falling 22,000 miles until they impact in a ball of fire on the ground?

This is a sincere question.

Thanks and regards, Dave Thomas
How will Bernard respond?

For that, dear readers, you must come back for the Rest of the Story.

Update - Bernard has Responded. Here's what he said:
Dave,
Wendy's are my favorite hamburgers. Can I get a deal on a franchise? : ~ )
Regarding Satellites, here are the answers:
The Peace of Christ Be With You,
Bernie


No comments:

Post a Comment